Messages for User:Filbertkm:
Great to see you too. Hope to bring some WP and WM expertise here. -- Fuzheado 22:27, 18 January 2010 (UTC)
I did a bit of wiki tidying earlier, but it's pretty messy still this place. Particularly the projects. That page is important, so could be good if you add it the MediaWiki:sidebar. The project list needs to be sorted out so that all project consistently have their own page and just listed with summaries on that page. The Requests appears to contain project requests which are maybe being ignored?? I'd say there's a few hours worth wiki tidying to do!
We're getting stuck into some OpenStreetMap Hacking today here in London.
-- Harry Wood 15:16, 13 February 2010 (UTC)
- Harry, thanks for tidying pages on the wiki. I added Projects to the sidebar. Also, you now had admin powers, which I think you might need for editing protected pages, or whatever you need to do. Cheers. Filbertkm 16:38, 13 February 2010 (UTC)
Yes IP addresses are dynamic and probably spoofed, but they do get reused.
But, no, you are right, with the block every IP address I'm wasting my time: Old habits ;-
I owe you a beer sometimes! Spike
I rely upon watching all pages and the resultant emails when they are changed. I've been busy for the last two weeks so it looks like if pages less than 14-days old have been changed, then I've missed them.
Looks like you have unleashed a Katiebot to protect all the page - is this only going to target currently unprotected pages? I ask as we have currently a mixture of semi and fully protected pages.
- Yes, only currently unprotected pages. And these can be all unprotected later, should we choose. Bot editing is not ideal but hope it helps until we can do things the right way. Cheers. Filbertkm 03:31, 2 June 2011 (UTC)
- I do wonder what the autoconfirm settings are for this wiki. (e.g. how many days and how many edits the user needs) I see some accounts doing spam. We'll see how this works. Filbertkm 03:38, 2 June 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks Katie! The autoconfirm settings seems to be very low: I've seen users less than a couple of hours old creating spammy pages. AFAIK only Andrew has access to the deep, deep settings. This should change when we migrate server. -- SpikeUK 03:53, 2 June 2011 (UTC)
- Migrating soon I hope! Filbertkm 04:00, 2 June 2011 (UTC)
The next minor issue you may be able to help me with Katie is about Watchlists. I'm currently watching (almost) every page and get an email when they are edited - I'm expecting almost 1000 emails in the next few hours as Katibot does it's stuff. Is there an easy way for me to mark the new versions as read as I will not get any more email notifications. Thanks!(I deleted everything from my watchlist, waited a bit, then put it all back again. I hope that this has "reset" my watched pages. -- SpikeUK 06:52, 2 June 2011 (UTC) )